Wednesday, March 31, 2004
Good bye and good luck
I never had a friend before who
- Sang at the top of his lungs as if he were in a fairy tale; so what if he chose to play, not Prince Charming, but the Dragon.
- Spooled election figures of every state and union territory at the drop of a hat.
- Claimed to know everyone from the chaprasi to the Old Man himself at the DMK office, and was probably not fudging either.
- Scanned every one of my news reports and features anxiously, and announced an invariably favourable verdict, that might well have been fudged.
- Had a knack for 'very important' points.
- Thrust my pillow into the most unseemly of his body parts.
- Enraged me enough to kick at his door savagely for a full ten minutes, then sweet talked me into eating his mum's homemade laddoos.
- Dozed off in class right in front of the bewildered teacher, but then woke up in time to ask the foxiest questions.
- Never went to the Marina, in spite of being in Chennai for over 10 months.
Good bye Arun Giri. You were one of the highlights of Chennai 2003-2004.
Post a Comment