Livinghigh
Friday, April 23, 2004
Livinghigh was here at 6:24 PM /



No song to sing

I feel like humming a song, but the problem is there are too many songs in my head. I'm a walking, talking, singing schizo - glad to meet you.

Now where on earth was I going with that opening line? I have not the faintest clue. The best thing about having a blog is that you don't have to have a clue, like a private watering hole for nonsensical thoughts. Unless, of course, you're trying to be profound - in which case, you can again keep on rambling and everybody will think youre bloody frikking clever!

I don't feel so clever now, though.

It rained beautifully last night in delhi. The first time the city ever looked so gorgeous to me... So far, there are two sights of the city that have proved memorable to me. One, the maze of pillared porticos and verandahs of Lutyen's Connaught Place. Bloody difficult to navigate through, but the romantic in me revels in it... Two, the seemingly infinite row of pillars for the incomplete Delhi Metro overhead train lining Jhandewala and Patel nagar... I was telling Sharon this morning how it all reminded me of that scene from the Jesus movie... old road, lined with Roman pillars.... that dusty zone, where the crosses of martyrs stood tall....

I must stay away from Smally... I think I touched on a bit of his melancholia.

There's a break right now from work. Actually, don't think will be doing much work any more tonight. There's my first weekend in Delhi coming up and I have absolutey no idea what to do with it. Where to go, whom to meet, what to do, why at all.... I think, other than WHY, I covered all the 'five Ws' crap that they taught us at ACJ!

Hmmm..... From reporter extraordinaire (let me remain a deluged schizo, please!) to stenographer beyond compare to new age stockbroker?

Here's lookin' at you, kid.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment