Livinghigh: Blogging and Tweaking in the Land of Oz
Wednesday, February 23, 2005
Livinghigh was here at 9:52 PM /



Blogging and Tweaking in the Land of Oz

Mirror Mirror is on hold for now, simply because the version of internet explorer in my home computer seems to be too primitive to contain the necessary html codes for Blogger's block quotes, and this damn dial-up connection is far too slow to download a newer version of IE. I'd like to curse now, if I may. $#%&@*!

There, I got it out of my system for the moment.

I have been busy, sitting at home, tweaking things like old stories, and going through old novellas. Writing new stories. I have one, to which I must put finishing touches, and then it goes on Gabbles. (Old version also means no hyperlink, where once I would have linked to www.gabbles.blogspot.com from here - $#%&@*!) So that's what I have been doing with most of my time here, other than eating boiled veggies and fish stew and mausambi juice every two hours.

That, and reading Pawan Varma's "The Great Indian Middle Class", a book that came highly recommended, but which is arguably one of the most boring books I have ever read. I'm counting it as competition to Camus' "The Outsider" (or was it "The Insider"? I can never be sure!) - but I finished Camus, and I have every intention of rising up to Varma's challenge as well, and finishing "The ... Middle Class" - in due course of time.

I am also making plenty of STD calls to long-lost Calcutta friends who are in different parts of the country now. Have nothing really of significance to exchange with them, merely your customary school-boy back-pats, and musings why these people haven't grown up as yet. Look at me: I've grown up into a healthy (well, not so healthy), wealthy (well, not so wealthy) and sarcastic individual, have I not?

I must go and tweak something now. Perhaps, my liver?



0 Comments:

Post a Comment