Livinghigh: Beep-beep, beep-beep, BEEP!
Friday, April 22, 2005
Livinghigh was here at 2:57 PM /



Beep-beep, beep-beep, BEEP!

It rained after ages today in Bombay. Am so frikkin' happy! Have been praying since yesterday that it pours and pours and pours in torrents, and there was some... brief drizzling today. Hmmm, yes, I get easily satisfied.

********

Went lurching into driving class today. My very first. Interesting things to observe/ mention:

1. If I'm supposed to keep my right foot all the time either on the brake or the accelerator, then how is the car not supposed to always screech to a halt or gear up for a Grand Prix?

2. If I'm supposed to signal with my hand out of the window, flick the indicator switch down (or up), shift gears to slow down, and also steer the car every time I turn, how many hands does that mean I have?

3. If I'm supposed to make sure that I drive in a straight line, but also keep a watch on the rear view mirror in front of me, and on the mirror beside me, and also look at what's happening in the world around me, does that make me a multi-headed Hindu God?

4. Gears are tricky creatures. They're almost as elusive as hobbits are supposed to be.

5. I'm in love with the accelerator. The clutch gives me nightmares, though. (Or, at the very least, I expect nightmares tonight.)



On my next class, I'm carrying along my Beatles CD.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment