Livinghigh: Movietime
Sunday, April 24, 2005
Livinghigh was here at 10:37 PM /



Movietime

Though a friend had complained to me that livingHIGH was getting to be too much of a review mag, I'm sorry (not really)to say it's Review Time again!

1. Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi is a fantastic film: among the best I've seen in a long time. Can safely say, there was not a single moment in it that I found superfluous! The performances were brilliant. The music rocks as well, so if you're a fan of new-age stuff, you should rush right out to get the CD. Burn it for me, please! ;-)



The ending can leave you feeling a bit lost, though. Who knows where idealism ends? And who knows where love begins? Did that get you foxed? SEE THE FILM! Chitrangada Singh is the most gorgeous leading lady I've seen on the marquee in a long, long while (though she doesn't look that special in the filmi posters); Kaykay Menon is fiercingly real as the Naxalite, and Shiny Ahuja leaves you wanting more.

2. Mumbai Xpress made me laugh the first 90 minutes, but the film drags on after that, and needs to be drastically edited! Has a very Southie flavour (no offence intended!), with motorcycles running wild, and Kamal Haasan putting on a great poker face. The jokes are cheesy, and I guess that's why they make you laugh. But, ummm.... you can only take so much of cheese at a go, right? The plot is bloody confused! Time-pass, and good enough if you're on a Rs 60 ticket at Eros, though.

Mirror Mirror #28: I love old-world movie halls, like Eros and Regal in Bombay. Love the charm, and the smarfy deco on the walls. But I guess I'd like them more if they had better seats, like the new-age multiplexes in the 'burbs! Yes, that's the snoot in me talking, much apologies, but he's here too. You should check out the PVR Plaza in Connaught Place, Delhi: Plaza was this old-world hall in CP, and the PVR chain bought it, renovated it, but it's still magnificent - pleasure to be there!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment