Livinghigh: Poison and Ivy
Saturday, May 21, 2005
Livinghigh was here at 1:11 PM /



Poison and Ivy

There's a new story out on Gabbles, after ages. It's called Poison, and I hope you guys like it.

The teaser I've picked is:

It is eerie and dark. I can see the outlines of a couple of people who stand there in the lane, coming out of the hutments, scratching their belly, looking idly out towards the road and the lone rickshaw parked there, with two pairs of eyes scanning them. They are used to this scrutiny, something tells me, even as I am used to it myself. Babur is somewhere in one of those huts, watching the charras being ground, the dark powder being parceled into tiny paper packets, and he is smelling the fumes that incinerate the little dreamy hamlet that has sprung up by the wayside.

I see his six foot three frame emerge then, through one of the huts, and he starts walking out, climbing up the hilly lane, and his movements are drowsy, slumbered, slow and hazy. I can also see the red flash of a police jeep some way behind us on the highway, pulling over.

I have to run now, but will try to post later.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment