Livinghigh: Mumbai calling Noah!
Wednesday, July 27, 2005
Livinghigh was here at 5:51 PM /



Mumbai calling Noah!

Wow. So the day after I pen a soul-searching entry about whether I should continue blogging on LIVING high, there comes a killer of a monsoon to Bombay. The newspapers are trying to outdo each other with snazzy headlines, and the TV channels are paying their reporters to go out and get wet, and get some great visuals.

Nopes, this is not a journo blog, so here I climb down from that great lofty mantle of mine. To prattle and pray and yak and chatter. That's what I do best.

Felt kinda bad last night, leaving all my pals at the office to spend the night over, while I came back home. But then, there was nothing to it: the guys were tired, but too many for my dinky one-room place. And the gals were a bit uncomfortable, despite the 'friend' thingy, and preferred to stay scrunched up on a sofa at office. So, there I returned, daisy fresh, this morning to see what the scene was like, while a host of drowsy faces glared back at me. hehehe.... felt like saying I told ya so, but better sense prevailed.

Disappointment of the night: (other than the horrible rain, I mean) The fact that the promised biryani that we were supposed to get for the night turned out to be a concoction of yellow rice, peas and beans. If you ask me, veg biryani is NOT just biryani. When you say, "We're ordering biryani for dinner guys, so cheer up!" and get a huge YAY! in response from the floor, you're supposed to get MEAT!

Saving grace of the night: Vodka. Lots of it! ;-)



12 Comments:

Rain rain go away Little Rahul wants to play...
Have some Biryani, Drink some vodka and then relay...
It all to all of us who come here...
To read it and in Rahul's ego, spread some cheer!

(that's called terrible rhyme induced by romanticism of the weather - btw I too, blogged abt the deluge. You must read and comment baccha!)

By Blogger G Shrivastava, at 11:52 AM  

Hmmmm ...if you guys are inundated with rain it means its on its way here as well. Bright and sunny as I look out of my window though. I have spent my life taking chicken and meat OUT of my biryani! Thank God for vegetables!

By Blogger Uber Homme, at 1:16 PM  

geet - yes, i will be de dutiful lil bopy and hop over to ure place, but quit repeating de ego thing. *blush*

uber - egads!!!! shocked dat u dont appreciate meat!

By Blogger livinghigh, at 1:19 PM  

Good to hear you actually managed to EAT, you whiner! Heard from Deepa (has she stopped blogging?) that she was trying to get in touch with Sharon and Supro. Trust all's well, though. And you should generally avoid meat/fish following a 'natural calamity'. It's carcass that you're eating, you know. Those things tend to ROT.

By Blogger chamique, at 1:58 PM  

Heylo! I was in Bombay 4 days back before going to Goa via the Konkan route and the train that I travelled from remains the last train that ran on Konkan route till now.. have been very lucky :P

You seem to be having fun :D

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:25 PM  

chamique - am actually quite shocked and sprised to find out it was u - admittedly, de last time i was there, i didnt take de trouble to go thru the hindu articles linked! (sorry) hehehe... so, how ya doing, gal? and yes, am sorry but i DO whine.. thought u'd got used to whiners at acj! lol.

truman - last man standing, eh? (hehehe - i know, dumb one!).. will make de necessary changes, little one.

By Blogger livinghigh, at 2:58 PM  

atleast u had vodka to fall back on.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:02 PM  

Whining is alright, chemical brother. And acj made me immune to a lot of things- including screaming neighbours in the middle of the night! ;)
And thanks muchly for linking to me. I'm going to put up a link-list too, but once I've actually compiled one. To do it one blogger at a time would just be snobbish, you see.

By Blogger chamique, at 4:04 PM  

I must've done big time good karma because my plane to Bombay never even took off. So now I'll come when everything is done and dry! Anyway, glad to hear you're OK. Cheers!

By Blogger K, at 11:20 PM  

Comment for Chamique - dropped by your blog and liked it...but can't leave comments! Why not?

By Blogger G Shrivastava, at 11:45 PM  

Good to see you back.

You seem to be one of the few lucky ones!

:-)

By Blogger . : A : ., at 6:08 AM  

@Geetanjali: Yeah, that's intentional. The first comment I got was some wise arse telling me that I should stop calling myself a journalist because writing for The Hindu doesn't count. Then he went on about how "un-Hindu" I am and so on and so forth. And this was not an anonymous blogger. So I figured, it's open for all, but people who want to write anything can mail (if they're inclined)..I'm a good correspondent. See?
;)

By Blogger chamique, at 11:42 AM  

Post a Comment