Livinghigh: My cell structure
Thursday, July 21, 2005
Livinghigh was here at 7:47 PM /



My cell structure

I'm going postpaid. Hopefully, by tomorrow. Till then, however, I'm as unreachable as a fish out of water. And I certainly feel the same.

Maybe this is meant to be the part where you cross your heart and promise God that you'll never be bad, and you'll always be good, and some other such hogwash. Maybe this is the time when you're supposed to watch other shining, tringing phones and curse their owners, and hope that their tringing phone finds its way into your hands. I'm being melodramatic. I've realised just how essential my phone is to me. Ergo, I can't handle this: this weird limbo: twenty-four hourts before my post-paid connection kicks in, and my prepaid is part of history. Sigh. It will be sorely missed, yes.

I'm also cursing the salesgirl who made me follow that crap about how easy and painless it is to get a prepaid converted into a postpaid. It will only take three to four days, sir, she crooned, with that witch's smile on her pockmarked face, you'll get so many new facilities, it will be so much cheaper, and we also give you free calls and sms messages - 1000 minutes free! Bitch had me doing cartwheels for awhile. And then, as usual, reality sinks in. This limbo stinks.

So I have two SIM cards in my pocket, and it's even worse because I've got the two of them thoroughly confused. I can't, for the life of me, tell them apart : which is pre and which is post. Life is complicated and, no, you don't need need a soothsayer to tell you that. One crazy, washed-up business journo without a cellphone is enough, really.

Fingers crossed. My cell should be working tomorrow. Am hoping. Hard. And promising God a whole lot of hogwash, in the bargain.



5 Comments:

Bad idea that SIM in pocket thing... it could fall out any moment... and they told me it would take seven days!!! thats partly why i havent converted yet...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:57 PM  

This bit is really funny,

"

I'm also cursing the salesgirl who made me follow that crap about how easy and painless it is to get a prepaid converted into a postpaid. It will only take three to four days, sir, she crooned, with that witch's smile on her pockmarked face, you'll get so many new facilities, it will be so much cheaper, and we also give you free calls and sms messages - 1000 minutes free! Bitch had me doing cartwheels for awhile. And then, as usual, reality sinks in. This limbo stinks."

I do sympathize with you, of course.

By Blogger . : A : ., at 8:11 PM  

izzat mobile withdrawal symptoms..? try thinking back how u lived without a cell.... and may be u wont feel so bad.. :)

By Blogger Janaki, at 11:34 AM  

there is something called a dual sim card, u'know, pre and post in a single card. try getting one...

By Blogger -Poison-, at 12:44 PM  

having gone thro' this phase ,my sympathies r with u.

try to b at the nearest landline if possible.

By Blogger Swathi Sambhani aka Chimera, at 5:21 PM  

Post a Comment