Livinghigh: Staccato Man
Tuesday, July 12, 2005
Livinghigh was here at 8:59 PM /



Staccato Man

Feels like waiting for a lover. Same anxiety. Same restlessness. I can't wait to be done. I can't wait to stretch my limbs afterwards, and then go off to sleep. I'm not waiting for a lover, though. (It's been so long now, I think I've forgotten how to do it right, too!) Am waiting for my boss. A meeting is scheduled to start. Was scheduled to start. Five hours ago. And I'm still waiting. It's past nine o' clock. And I've been here since nine am. That's exactly twelve hours now.

Staccato bursts.

My immediate boss had promised us Royal Dutch Truffle, and that hasn't arrived, either. He calls us 'mungees'.. yes, he's South Indian. He bullies the shit out of me, and asks me whether I'm allowed to drink yet. So, I smile, and tell him yes, but it's a secret, and he's not allowed to tell my parents. There's a lot of laughs around our group, and back slapping. Everyone's waiting for the damn meeting to start, but we're joking around. I've missed this. I've missed my friends, and to an extent, I think it's getting better now. The 'new job' blues are beginning to part.

The big boss is talking about stories in Karnataka. They're talking about OB Vans and run downs and scripts. I'm a TV person now. I do P2Cs that (thankfully) seem to show some improvement. Stories that seem to have relevance. Not just about the easiest shots and the easiest people. I'm an easy person, though. That much is true.

Tick tock tick tock. It's been seven minutes since.



4 Comments:

Baby, it's dutch Truffle. But i love you anyways. *sick smoochie sounds*

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:26 AM  

Not to sound too cynical as a journo - but stories have relevance on TV? After I was bombarded with hour after hour after hour of hearing some drunk fucker threaten his ex yesterday on every channel. Thank god for NatGeo.
Not that us Printy types do any better when it comes to relevance, but at least we have better hours *evil laugh*

By Blogger K, at 4:42 PM  

Oh yes, sometimes the wait is too much ...

By Blogger . : A : ., at 9:42 PM  

phal - spelling corrected. smooches returned, sicko!

K - muhahahahaha!

A - i need to buy a nice expensive watch soon! ;-)

By Blogger livinghigh, at 11:05 PM  

Post a Comment