Livinghigh: Storms in teacups
Monday, July 04, 2005
Livinghigh was here at 11:32 AM /



Storms in teacups

I have a term for them: they're called the One Month Jitters. It happens, without fail. Get into a relationship: the first weeks are amazing, you feel like you're floating on cotton candy clouds, and all's right with the world, but come the fourth week, aka the one-month headline, and there are jitters inthe air. The questions come then: where are we headed to? do you think this will work? maybe we should take it easy now, back off a bit? I'm not sure I can take it so serious... yadayadayada.

One Month Jitters.

We've all been there. Happened to me. Happened to friends of mine. Is happening to another friend of mine. It's a cycle of sorts.

So, what's the trick? Varying degrees of separation? The trick is to let them know you're interested, but not that interested! The trick is to let them know you could be falling - but not in love.. that's a dirty word, and that comes askance on you when you're expecting it the least!

Damn, I sound like an Oprah clone. The Blogoprah. Sheesh. I'm all jittery, I guess.



6 Comments:

jitters, jitters.
c'est la vie.
i expected a nice long post on mondy's.
-kunal.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:51 PM  

well, kunal... i'm back! have bid adieu to haloscan though! and yes, u will soon get de mondy's post! ;-)

By Blogger livinghigh, at 7:28 PM  

yup on cotton candy clouds n then jitters as deadlines come narer n nearer ... n finally cold feet when the D day actually appears in the horizon.

'am ensuring that i visit this site more often :))

By Blogger Swathi Sambhani aka Chimera, at 2:25 PM  

yes u do sound like oprah.thanks for gettin rid of haloscan.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:59 PM  

1 month jitters happen all the time. Most of my "relationships" end about then.

C'est la vie. La Fucking Sucking Vie.

Maybe some of us were meant to be alone...the longer I think about it, I feel I was meant to be terminally single. Ever thought about that?

By Blogger Vikster, at 4:51 PM  

swathy - thanx, and do come by!

aparna - wat was SO wrong with haloscan now? :(

vik - yep, i have.. have been terrified by dat too! i think i need someone in my life.. wudn't be able to do it alone, i think. either GREAT pals or GREAT love.

By Blogger livinghigh, at 5:02 PM  

Post a Comment