Livinghigh: This is $%^#, live in Mumbai, for %^&$#
Friday, July 08, 2005
Livinghigh was here at 5:37 PM /



This is $%^#, live in Mumbai, for %^&$#

I went shooting yesterday. And saw the result of that today. Have been advised to practise talking in front of a mirror, and pretend that's the camera. Have been advised to control the dancing eyebrows, that quite qualify as one of the greatest freak shows around the world today: sold for $100 million to the rich gypsy who can afford it!

Felt like I was back in journo school, doing all those silly stories about garbage disposal and booksellers on Mount Road and water harvesting - and here I was, doing a thingy on 'state of Bombay roads during the monsoon'. My introduction to the group this morning was a very colourful "how the roads get fucked up every year...", and then I proceeded to show scenes of bumping and jumping cars on "fucked up" roads. There was an interview with an overseer at a construction site, and one with an aam aadmi Mumbaikar driving to work. Clap, clap.

Of course, there were hitches. Primarily: it refused to rain, though I fervently prayed for it to do so. All I got were a few droplets, and so I persuaded the camera guy to take shots of a bumpy car journey from inside the car, out through the rain-specked windshield. And there was no endless line of honking cars stuck in a traffic jam as I'd hoped, because we set off too late, only around 1 pm.

But..... ! The trainer said, this was a great new angle to the story. (I decided to simulate the aam aadmi's journey from Santa Cruz to town, trying to show firsthand the "fucked up" roads.) The trainer said, though my dancing eyebrows deserve to win an award, my PTC* was pretty good for someone who'd come in front of the camera for the first time. And so, I got a pretty good 7 out of 10 for the "fucked up" roads story.

CHUCKLE

I love being profane at times. I'm sooooooo 'fucked up"!!! hehehehe


*PTC = piece to camera; that's the reporter's two or three lines in a story.



7 Comments:

Life's weird isn't it? I bet its been raining ever since you did the piece. We don't get news pieces across the border or I'd have watched out for it.

By Blogger Uber Homme, at 6:39 PM  

It would be so cool to see you say
" This Rahul ... signing off for [X] News " - dancing eyebrows and all even if it's a "fucked up" road story.

By Blogger Unknown, at 7:04 PM  

P2C...ooohhhhh Raahullll is sooo coooolll....

But seriously why are you doing this?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:37 PM  

uber - yep, the rain's also "fucked up"! hehehehe... and nopes, we're not on air, yet. so u cudn't have seen it, anyhow! will tell u when to watch for me! ;-)

akshay - yesssssssssss, it wud! hehehe *egoistic prick nodding head excitedly*

phal - doing wat, babe?

By Blogger livinghigh, at 10:19 AM  

ptcs, huh....a new start, this?

By Blogger ., at 10:43 PM  

LOL. what dyou know... even effed up roads have their uses - what better one than helping you on your way to fame! ;)

and nope, im not on CSF. i just linked it cos i found it interesting :)

By Blogger m., at 10:45 PM  

Nice new look. Going to take some time to get used to it though.

:-)

By Blogger . : A : ., at 8:00 PM  

Post a Comment