Livinghigh: Teenage Mutant Ninja Journo
Thursday, August 25, 2005
Livinghigh was here at 10:57 AM /



Teenage Mutant Ninja Journo

I was sick! Down with the flu. Everyone seems to be getting it these days! How terrible. Bombay's the new epidemic city of the world. Correct me if I'm wrong: first there was Typhoid, then Jaundice (wherein, I was one of the hapless victims), then Eye Infections, then came Tuberculosis, Leptospirosis after the rains (and everybody knows how to spell and pronounce this baby these days!) and now, we have.. the flu! Throw in a swarm of locusts and we're complete. Bombay - The City of Eternal Promises to Cure.

Just trying to put a positive spin on things.

Well, the reason for my irritation is my missing a certain cocktails and dinner presser at the Taj Mahal. I know I don't sound terribly journalistically dedicated when I talk like this. Ascribe it to the fact that I'm a business reporter. The capitalist brand of reporter. The one that puts my leftist inclined teachers at ACJ to shame. Hehehehe.

Aaaa, but I must say that, the other day, when this PR gal handed me a wrapped package at a presscon, I looked at the package and then at her with all the nosiness of a bloodhound, and she blushed and blurted out: O, no, no, it's just a pen!!!

A nice Parker set, too. ;-)



13 Comments:

after fallin sick like a million times, i thought ur immune system would become strong but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.youkeep fallin sick.nways get well soon.
and you got a parker pen.thats nice.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:47 PM  

after fallin sick like a million times, i thought ur immune system would become strong but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.youkeep fallin sick.nways get well soon.
and you got a parker pen.thats nice.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:47 PM  

i'm on the other side of the world, and the flu's going around as well... but these are mutant flus nowadays... longer and stronger...

anyway, loads of vitamin C daily, no sweets or cold food & drinks, lots of liquids and warm stuff, and detachment.

i would like to go to the taj mahal... :)

By Blogger Chelle, at 10:00 PM  

cribby. crabby. stop it now.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:37 AM  

cribby. crabby. stop it now.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:38 AM  

What? Illness?
Remember the good old days when your magic box had fix-alls for everything?
*Hey Mr. Tambourine Man....*
;)

By Blogger chamique, at 1:32 PM  

hope ur health if good now :)

By Blogger Viewer, at 1:41 AM  

Get well soon and rock those events!

By Blogger . : A : ., at 8:53 AM  

You actually have regrets about missing a dinner and cocktails event? Well, then again you're new to the do-do so the romance of a evening presser is still there. I usually do a couple of kwik whiskey's meet who I have to and run away to party somewhere else.
And by the way, getting welling soon.
Enjoy the Flu-break (must be awful to fall ill during holidays).

By Blogger K, at 1:15 PM  

"Well, the reason for my irritation is my missing a certain cocktails and dinner presser at the Taj Mahal."

Like really? And here I thought you must be upset abt missing our rendezvous on Friday - am very hurt...going now to cry in a corner :-(

By Blogger G Shrivastava, at 11:24 PM  

Not that kind of an interruption. it's quite a literary one.

You still sick?

By Blogger Garfield D'Souza, at 10:07 AM  

well..... after dat silly little post about a silly little cold, i got stiuck with... VIRAL FEVER!

have rejoined office again today!

a few notes to a few ppl -

chelle - the Taj mahal I mentioned here is the Taj Mahal hotel in Bombay, not the Agra Taj Mahal built by Shah Jahan.

geet - stop crying!

phal - FO ;-)

By Blogger livinghigh, at 10:54 AM  

One of the advantages of living in hicksville is that you don't catch diseases on an epidemic scale as the population is spread out. On the downside you do end up with hayfever and weird insect bites.

By Blogger Uber Homme, at 8:22 PM  

Post a Comment