Livinghigh: The weather's..... sweet
Wednesday, August 10, 2005
Livinghigh was here at 9:17 AM /



The weather's..... sweet

Good morning. It's a Wednesday morning, and the weather outside here in central Bombay is... cloudy. The word is... reticent... fairweather friend?... wishy-washy. And yes, again, welcome, to my life.

What's the world up to this fine morning? (Or evening, depending on which hemisphere you reside in... forgive me, I'm a rambler by trade, heart and soul.) The girl on my right is reading a copy of yellowed Economic Times. The guy I went picture-selling yesterday was laughing a second ago, and he's off for breakfast now. New caterers in the house. Poha and coffee. Hmmm... I prefer the coffee.

Terrible to think that I'm definitely going to get diabetic. These days, the only coffee I drink is mochaccino, with two lumps of sugar. Plus, I have two lumps of sugar, preceding my mochaccino. I'm like a horse - me and my lumps of sugar.

Sweet bong. Horrible thought: while going through the online matrimonials for bro darling earlier this year, I stumbled across a profile labelled not-very-enigmatically sweetbong23. I'm sorry, I can't link or anything. But I still smirk about it. ;-)

Complaint of the week: Absolutely no one has been over to gabbles to read the new story. Prepostrous! The only person who's left a comment there, saw the story first on caferati.



10 Comments:

Tahale tor profiler ki naam hobe re? Hey, as a good Bong, you will obviously love sweet stuff, I mean I do. I'll email you sometime when I get off work slightly early. And by the way 'Big Mango' because The Economist referred to the city as such. After all the Aam is the quintessential desi phal.

By Blogger K, at 11:52 AM  

Yeah, maybe you should use honey instead... :P

Matrimonials... wife surfing? Do you have arranged marriages? Pardon my ignorance, or simple curiosity, but my culture is different.

K, I saw Big Mango on your blog, I thought it was an interesting way of saying it.

By Blogger Chelle, at 7:39 PM  

was he looking for a bride for you?

*snide grin*

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:26 AM  

k - hehehe, i can see u luv ure himsagar... o wait, u dont get dat variety in dilli, na? well, u'll get used to de alphonsos this side of the country! yep, do mail me sometime soon.

chelle - i love honey! ;-) hehehe.. and the arranged marriage thingy is an option dat a lot of ppl in india try out.. for a variety of reasons, from traditional to simply not getting de time to meet someone.. i know, it sounds VERY warped for someone not used to it, but then... hehehe, everything goes, i guess, since marriages are made in heaven! ;-)

phal - other way around. *nothing to be snide about*

By Blogger livinghigh, at 9:26 AM  

Oh, how the godly qualities of a good cuppa are underestimated. Can make or break a good day, I tell you.

By Blogger chamique, at 11:58 AM  

4 lumps of sugar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!unbelievable. online matrimonials can be funny, cheesy, corny at times.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:22 PM  

Wedding bells?

;-)

Coffee rocks!

By Blogger . : A : ., at 8:06 PM  

i agree with the heaven part. one way or another you will end up with the person you're meant to.

By Blogger Chelle, at 3:55 AM  

oh and yes, honey is yummy. i have heard of the tradition, and agree that it can have its advantages. i just wanted to know if today it was still predominant. the system in the west hasn't proven to be better since people wed whoever for more superficial reasons and divorce all the time. thanks for your answer. :)

By Blogger Chelle, at 4:03 AM  

chamique - hehehe... wud do anything for a steel tumbler and some kaapi now, i tell u! ;-)

aparna - shocked? well, life's lumpy. sigh..... tried to make dat funny, but fell flat on my face!

chelle - ure welcome.

By Blogger livinghigh, at 11:04 PM  

Post a Comment