Livinghigh: Beer hugs
Monday, September 05, 2005
Livinghigh was here at 2:26 PM /



Beer hugs

So I went to Toto's yesterday after ages. Felt nice. But noisy. Toto's seems to be have become incredibly 'rock' these days. Apart from the odd Coldplay and Maroon 5, there were mostly loud numbers, the kind to make your neighbour hate your guts forever and ever. I mean, the place was never a retro bar as such, it was pretty much a place to unwind to She will be loved, Eye of the tiger, Nothing else matters and of course the customary Summer of 69. And yes, they even played Celine Dion at times!

But the beer was nice. Not as diluted as Mondy's the other day. Not as strong as Leo's, either. The taxi was nice to see, hanging in the air like a suspended old lady. Old hag. Harried waiters, who were still courteous. Old man Totlani with the black eye patch, surveying his pub like the proverbial Blackbeard. ;-)

I like Toto's, despite the acid rock avatar.

Blogspot: And this is the new element for the blog. I dunno if anyone recalls, but there used to be an element called Mirror Mirror here, at one point of time, where I used to disclose something about me that other people may or may not know. A crystal ball gazing experience, of sorts. Well, Blogspot is different in the sense that it takes off from where Popping Cherries... left things. This element is going to have snippets from the very first entry of any particular blog that I may find/ rummage/ frequent. Beginning today....

From the Phaltrix Express, as unearthed and mailed to me by August. We think her earliest entry was on Thursday August 19, 2004 -

Now a hushed remeniscence. Hah. That's where your thoughts've been. The Dirty Dozen Brass Band and Jelly's jazz. To work then. To sleep now. Good night and Happy Dancing.



6 Comments:

I like the idea of 'Blogspot'. Keep it going.

Incidentally, Phal and I seemed to have started blogging on the very same date. Quite a coincidence huh?

That is, of course, if this really was the first post.

:-)

By Blogger . : A : ., at 4:13 PM  

oh!!! I didn't know that!!! We're blog budday buddies, August!!!

Yeah yeah that was my first post! And wow! I'd so totally forgotten of it's existence!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:55 AM  

Blogspot sounds intriguing...but I still think I enjoyed Mirror Mirror much more than I will enjoy this new experiment!

Meanwhile a question for August - dude, how do you manage to visit so many blogs, leave comments AND even hunt through archives for first posts?!?!

By Blogger G Shrivastava, at 11:53 AM  

phal, august - please don't go all sappy now and start cyber-smooching!!!! hehehe, actually, DO that - might be fun! ;-)

geet - ;-)

By Blogger livinghigh, at 7:08 PM  

Geet - Do I? I thought I was doing pretty badly actually. :-)

By Blogger . : A : ., at 10:13 PM  

"I dunno if anyone recalls, but there used to be an element called Mirror Mirror here..."

accha?

who can forget MIRROR MIRROR? Nah, NOT ME! :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:38 PM  

Post a Comment