Livinghigh: By the pricking of my thumbs....!
Thursday, September 08, 2005
Livinghigh was here at 7:10 PM /



By the pricking of my thumbs....!

Buckling my own shoes was hard, when I was a kid. I used to be one of those pampered little pricks who would raise his leg up for daddy to tie his shoelaces, before going traipsing off to school, resplendent in white shorts and shirt. (Surf? I'm not sure.) I'm still a pampered little prick, courtesy Big Brother, but somehow, I've learnt to tie my own laces. Am speaking strictly literally here.

One two buckle my shoe,
Three four shut the door...

yadayadayada.

I never really understood what that rhyme was all about. Sounded terribly arbit to me. All about Know Your Numbers, a kind of extended children's book, which teaches them to be good maids and manservants. Nursery school taught you all that. How to tie your own laces, how to fold your clothes, how to pray to God before eating ("Thank you God for the food we eat, Thank you God for the.... etc etc"), how to comb your hair nicely with the side parting in place, and so many other things. Indian maids and manservants don't wear liveries, or else they'd teach you how to polish the buttons there as well. And if you don't, well, there's always a grumpy person there to jerk you hard and scare the bejesus' out of you. Crap.

And you have to know all about Tintin and Asterix to get into Nursery School. Shit. I'd rather gawk at Tom and Jerry.

I haven't written a nonsense post in a while, have I?

*grin*

Blogspot:

CSF started out as Desi Media Bitch. The invention of a friend called Rohit Gupta, it soon let loose its tentacles, and embraced a large number of fan followers and contributors alike - including yours truly. We started off as a blog by the media and on the media (Indian, at that, too!), and we're now a blog that is simply.... undefinable. That's one of our good parts. There are bad parts too - often enough, we being journo drama queens, tend to go off the handle, but hell, even that can be seen a as 'positive', depending on how you look at it.

We are now Chiennes Sans Frontiers - Dogs Without Borders - and the fact that we would be pretty loud can be seen from the very first post that RG aka The Fadereu penned -

Dated October 29, 2004

Promotions, deals and sales gimmicks take over the primary objectives of newspapers – which is reporting. So we've undertaken the task of reporting on the excess indulgences of media in an unbiased and vengeful way.

We'll be your media bitches. Amen!

----------------
Desi Media Bitch



4 Comments:

Nonsense - uh uh!!!

Btw chiens = dog, chiennes = bitches

By Blogger G Shrivastava, at 3:36 PM  

yep, yep... remember the original name was about BITCHES, not dogs. I guess, in de english translation, they just decided dat Bitches without borders sounds hackneyed and excessively alliterated! ;-)

By Blogger livinghigh, at 3:43 PM  

I haven't written a nonsense post in a while, have I?

LOL! Enjoyed it though!

By Blogger DreamClicks, at 4:47 PM  

geets - hehehe saahi pakda.
.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:02 PM  

Post a Comment