Livinghigh: Miracles do happen: I read poetry!
Wednesday, September 21, 2005
Livinghigh was here at 7:48 PM /



Miracles do happen: I read poetry!

The weekend is coming up fast, and I'm glad. Things to do at home: paint, listen to music, label my CDs, dust out my make-shift cupboard. Things to do outside home: chill out at Velocity, gobble chocolates, gobble cakes from Theobroma, convince brother to buy me more shirts. I'm a leech.

;-)

In the meantime, I decided to write a story. And believe it or not, it's not a love story! ;-) I've been receiving some inputs on this fact, actually - apparently, I've become quite the mushy mushcakes who writes odes to rival a ricketty Shapespeare's! So, I decided to try something new. Tell me if I've succeeded, in the Miracle Man here.

The woman who sits in front of me looks at me in something mingled with fear and confidence. She doesn't know for a fact that I can do what she wants, but she hopes I can. It would make her life so much simpler if I can. So I smile at her, show her my yellowed teeth, and wait for that touch of recoil. It would be boring if she fawned over me, believed every word I said, adored me. This is riskier, risquer. I prefer it this way.


Blogspot:
The blogging world gives rise to a number of pseudonyms, many of them outlandish ones (my own included!), and so the name Black Tulip disconcerted me not at all. Tulip writes poetry on her blog - one of the few poetry spaces I actually visit now and then. I make no bones about it: poetry is not my cup of tea. (Hehehehe.) Tulip's first poem is about a certain someone walking out on her, and thus begins a new career -

Dated Valentine's Day, February 14, 2004 -

Whenever I scribble down something, sometimes it rhymes, sometimes it doesn’t. But it is always without a title. I don’t think of a title after writing a poem and so I just leave it at that, unlabeled and unbounded...



5 Comments:

Interesting new blogspot. Never seen the site before.

Hope you have a blast this weekend!

By Blogger . : A : ., at 9:33 PM  

My God!! This was totally unexpected! I am speechless.. thanks is all i can think of saying :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:30 AM  

tadaaaaaaaaaa!
;-)

By Blogger livinghigh, at 10:55 AM  

hi livinghigh!

yah, it's nice to see people make of their blogs so many different things.

did i ever tell you that your blog is almos the color of my room?

anyway, thought i'd drop by cus it's been awhile :)

By Blogger Chelle, at 2:15 AM  

One week no news, is work that bad?

By Blogger K, at 7:31 PM  

Post a Comment