Livinghigh: Hey, the name's Art
Saturday, October 29, 2005
Livinghigh was here at 8:44 PM /



Hey, the name's Art

Baked beans for breakfast at the artist's house. Memorable for two reasons:

1. I haven't had breakfast (official breakfast!) in ages!

2. I haven't had baked beans in eons!

So, thanks artist... though the coffee could have used a bit more sugar. ;-)

****

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

So let's talk about art... and my funny relationship with it. I can't understand much of it, but I like to think I appreciate it. I have a profound respect for artists, though I find their airs silly at times. Would it be art, if it was a bit more grounded in reality? Conversely, would it be real, if it were artistic?

Now there's a googly for you.

The funny thing is: there are people who are even less comfortable with the concept of art than I am. Some Sundays, when I visit my brother in a kurta, jeans and a coupla beads, he says I look all Colaba Causeway arty-farty, and I can't help but laugh at that idea. I had no idea who Jitesh Kalat was, till the artist and a colleague at work informed me. I still think the name Naina Chuddasamma Whatever sounds extraordinarily funny, and should be misspelled with an O instead of the U.

;-)

Yes, yes, I'm quite a cave man.



6 Comments:

*sigh*

Child, its Jitish Kallat. And Nana Chudasama. Really. Back to socialite kindergarten for you.

Sometimes, LH, just sometimes, you set yourself up for this.

-Phal.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:44 AM  

Toilet humour
:-)
Lets just stick to the adventures of Rakesh Jhunjhunwala et al. I understand that better.

By Blogger K, at 9:02 PM  

rakesh jhunjhunwala - how gross ! why would anyone spend time watching him on a visual medium like tv.

By Blogger a guppie, at 10:09 PM  

phal - hahaha, the point of this whole post WAS to showcase my ignorance on de subject. i'm not setting myself up for anything, i freely admit my lack of knowledge on certain subjects... the point is, ure not supposed to be a first rate bitch and ridicule me for not being mr perfect socialite. ok, sorry, if dat came out a bit rough.. didnt mean to sound quite so.

k - lol, u n me, both! ;-) wat IS RJ up to these days, anyway?

gups - hehehe, i'm hoping dat ppl DO wanna see RJ onscreen! lol. my livelihood depends on dat!

aristera - lol, nopes, child, u forget abt RJ... he's de kallat of my world, if dat says anything!

By Blogger livinghigh, at 11:17 PM  

I plead complete ignorance to art, artists and artistic blabber. I do.

By Blogger Casablanca, at 3:09 PM  

I think Rakesh Jhunjhunwala is a greater artist than most others. At least he got his 750 crore while he was alive !! :P:P

jEDI

By Blogger Jedi, at 6:05 PM  

Post a Comment