Livinghigh: Interval
Wednesday, October 05, 2005
Livinghigh was here at 9:08 PM /



Interval

Navratri begins. Crowds of people dancing in the roads at night. The compound below my window plays songs. Terrible, because I can't contain the songs. I would normally like them, but I can't control them. And then they have ghastly ghazals and sermonising. Jai Jai Ram, somebody croaks down there. And I have to pay for all this shit, too. With a smile. I must smile and fork out Rs 120, and pretend that I love what the society wallahs are doing for God, and I believe in Jai Sita Ram. Whether or not I actually do, is another matter altogether, now.

Ho hum.

So I stayed at home all day. Slept like a log. I can't remember the last time I slept like this. Lay in bed all day, staring up at the celing, at the blue Dilliwallah curtains on my window, the sunlight peeking through the edges. Yawned and closed my eyes. Opened them again, and then turned to trace patterns on the wall with my fingers. Slept again. And now there's the comp. And the crappy bhajans outside the window. Will head off to sleep sometime soon. And tomorrow, the grind starts again at work. The twelve hour (and perhaps m0re) grind.

No blue curtains at work.



3 Comments:

AARGHH! Yes...its happening in my society as well! And i have Blue n Yellow Dilli-walla (frm Sarojini)curtains too. My sympathies though...for the noise!
v

By Blogger Vijayeta, at 1:02 AM  

i want red curtains. oh wait i have them. talking of noise, there's some kind of woodwork going on next door at work. I've got a blinding headache.

which reminds me, coffee?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:17 PM  

*Yawn* .....Sleeping beauty ??????????

By Blogger Viewer, at 8:18 PM  

Post a Comment