Livinghigh: Idiot and the box
Wednesday, November 23, 2005
Livinghigh was here at 12:13 PM /



Idiot and the box

Was a relatively easy day yesterday, and today promises to be even easier. Am sitting at home, with stomach cramps, and had it not been for the cramps I would have called this an ideal situation. I suppose everyone would love to stay at home and watch tv, listen to music, surf the net, blog... yadayadayada.

Saw two movies last night, back to back. Courtesy my silly flatmate who hogged the computer, and so I could not ht the sack till way past 1 am. Sleepy Hollow with Johnny Depp, the funniest horror movie I ever saw, because Depp is a bloody genius. Flatmate thinks Christina Ricci looks like a kid, and so she doesn't like her. Does that mean that flatmate hates children, per se? Hmmm... food for thought. Famous last words in the movie? ... and home is this way! New york, New York!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

But before I went to bed, I had an aaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwww moment. Actually, I had several of those. You tend to, when you're watching possibly one of the best love stories made, Notting Hill. As Hugh Grant's character in the movie keeps on muttering, classic! It is, it certainly is. How strange that I find every single Julia Roberts movie adorable? I'm a sick, mushy, sick creature at heart. Gosh, I'd probably like to hug Julia to bits, rather than have demented thoughts about her in the loo. Does that make me a better person?

I love the last scene in the movie, where the camera whirls above their heads, while Hugh's reading on the park bench and a preggers Julia is lying down with her head on his lap.

Classic!



9 Comments:

You were having cramps? PMS? :D

By Blogger Casablanca, at 2:26 PM  

dude get over notting hill and watch love actually which i am sure you have.i looooooove colin firth.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:41 PM  

Depp geniuos actor Julia fabulous actress :)

By Blogger Viewer, at 3:03 AM  

Johny Depp is brilliant. Probably one of the most underrated as well.
But Noting Hill..ugh! Mush multiplied by a million. Mushy-imaginary-fairytale-chick-flick. hehe.. Julia Roberts is great actress though.

By Blogger Jedi, at 11:01 AM  

oh, notting hill! how funny! and love actually is even moooore funny (maybe a bit mushy, yes). nice blog, ehe :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:57 PM  

Sleepy Hollow? Brilliant!

Depp is awesome and Depp with Burton is EVEN more awesome.

Notting Hill? Barf! Sheer drivel.

By Blogger Vikster, at 4:02 PM  

I didn't like Sleepy Hollow. Another similar Depp movie was "From Hell". It was, I tell you, Gross.

But of course, that does not say how much great an actor Depp is. Have you seen "Blow" by the way?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:30 PM  

depp is exceptional ... he brings a very different perspective to all the roles he play. julia roberts in pretty woman was my first look at her and perhaps that still epitomises her for me.

By Blogger a guppie, at 10:38 PM  

OMG! that last scene in Notting Hill is THE_MOST romantic scene ever in my list.. i keep mentioning it to everyone i know!

By Blogger the cowlick, at 6:03 PM  

Post a Comment