Livinghigh: Monday morning blues, did ya say?
Tuesday, November 08, 2005
Livinghigh was here at 9:46 AM /



Monday morning blues, did ya say?

Took a much needed break from work yesterday. Feels kinda satisfying to stay home on a Monday morning. To wake up really late, to yawn, and then go back to sleep again. ;-) To switch on the radio and listen to Jaggu and Taraana banter on for twenty minutes while still sleepily enconsced between the sheets. To wonder idly when I should have lunch: three, or four o'clock...? To be glad I'll finally get the chance to do those niggling little chores that I've been meaning to for soooo long... the lamp to buy, the sketches to frame, yadayadayada.

And here I am at work again. Tuesday morning. Felt inclined to call up sick again this morning, but prudence took over, and cautioned that I need my salary to maintain my expensive tastes. (Not so expensive, really...) And I guess the holiday helped. The holiday and the iPOD. I'm a horrible, horrible person who's showing off his latest new toy to everyone at the office. Sitting and typing this shit while listening to Wo Pehli baar from Pyaar Mein Kabhi Kabhi right now...

Singularly stupid movie, by the way.

O, and I still need to get that lamp. Tonight. Perhaps.



8 Comments:

Waking up early on a Monday morning realizing that itz a holiday is so much more fun! It just happens once in a blue moon.

Post the pic of the lamp after you buy it!

By Blogger DreamClicks, at 12:30 PM  

An iPod always rocks! Which one did you get?

By Blogger . : A : ., at 7:48 PM  

I need my salary to maintain my expensive tastes. (Not so expensive, really..."- yeah and then u tell us that u bought an ipod.............

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:13 PM  

I dunno about iPods... i mean, come on, listen to the sounds of nature rather than brittney spears!!!

By Blogger bluegreenflysplat, at 12:06 AM  

So you gave in to temptation too.. The iPod generation found a new member :-)

I suppose buying an iPod is simpler than buying a lamp these days ;)

By Blogger Jedi, at 4:44 AM  

Aaarrrggghhh!
They let you listen to your ipod in office!!
I have to switch off mine the moment I enter the door, and I hate it if there's a nice song playing at that time.

PS: Tell me you bought a nano and not a mini or shuffle. The nano is the height of coolness!

By Blogger Casablanca, at 1:15 PM  

monday! that was such a busy day for me! (it was my bday.) but i had lots of fun.

i know whatcha mean about having pending chores to do... i have so many errands to run and so little time... gotta start using that agenda of mine again...

hope you're doing better!

By Blogger Chelle, at 1:07 AM  

vendor - u make me sound envious now! ;-)

and now... de climax buster... lol, i DIDN'T BUY the iPOD... my darling bro gifted it to me for diwali. He had got it from his company at one of those conference thingys, but is too busy to ever actually use it. so....!!!

;-)

adit - u sounded normal yesterday, so i guess de cold's gone.

bsf - 'sounds of NATURE'???? hehehe

jedi - kinda agree with u on dat question of a relative purchase!

casablanca - actually, mine is de rudimentary old model - no nanos or minis as all.. but i STILL dont care! hehehe.. i got it FREE.

aristera - piddly little thing? are we talking about the iPOD here, or ure...? snigger.

chelle - am doing great, babe! belated happy bday to ya! :-)

By Blogger livinghigh, at 10:13 AM  

Post a Comment