Livinghigh: Odds and ends on a drive
Saturday, November 12, 2005
Livinghigh was here at 11:21 AM /



Odds and ends on a drive

I've been missing Delhi a lot since yesterday. Actually went through a number of blogs and offline conversations yesterday that reminded me of the time I spent there. The fun times and the bad ones. The long drives, and the... nopes, no short drives ever in saddi Dilli.

;-)

Was returning from Sahaar yesterday, after dropping brother dearest off at the airport, and the lovely long drive along the highway so reminded me of Nehru Place and GK and all those silly farway places in South Delhi I spent so much of my time in. Something therapeutic about a long drive even while you're the passenger. Gives you a lot of space and time to think and remember and feel, really.

About the time we were all in Blues on Connaught Place, the night before my ex-roomie was about to leave. Crazy silly conversations with one half of a table I didn't much like. What's her best ass-et? hahaha.. her ass! Cringe and laugh, but hey, I was the one who made the joke in the first place, na?

Or the umpteen times Sharon and I sat at the McDonalds in Rajinder Bhawan. Chicken McGrill and Cold Coffee. So many Cold Coffees. And the over-expensive and hyper-yummy ice creams at Narula's. We talked of everything then. Sometimes, I think we were closest then. Sometimes, I think we're closer now. It's a no-win situation really, but I don't wanna sound morbid.

Those were.. the best days of my life! - bryan adams.



8 Comments:

Hmm... looks like every in blogworld is getting nostalgic and sentimental right now.

Why does sorrow or lonliness make for a good read?

By Blogger Casablanca, at 2:11 PM  

Sada Dilli, yaaaaar..... Imagine I stay in a hopuse smaller than my bedroom. Shucks. But, you know something Delhi has its charms as does Bombay. Hopefully I'll manage to get to Delhi at least once every two-three months.. hopefully...
*sigh*

By Blogger K, at 6:07 PM  

Sorrow, loneliness, anxiety of losing all hair on head.. points to one thing only: old age approacheth!!! Run Rahul Run!!!

By Blogger bluegreenflysplat, at 7:57 PM  

Aaaawh home sick? Poor baby .....
Well yeah sometime living away from loved ones really get on u. cheer up dude !

By Blogger Viewer, at 2:11 PM  

casa - hehehe, no sorrows... just memories.

k - spoilt brat! lol, but i do understand what ya mean!

bgf - running! running!

viewer - well, delhi is not home... just a stopover on de way to.. somewhere.

By Blogger livinghigh, at 5:07 PM  

The Jedi is all nostalgic now!
Long drives.. hmm.. I share your enthusiasm There is something exciting about going around in circles in CP. Day after day after day.. :P

By Blogger Jedi, at 10:48 PM  

close, closer, closest!!
Nothing has or will change between us..you silly boy.
i love you.

By Blogger scribbleamus, at 1:43 PM  

close,closer, closest!!
Nothing has or will change between us..you silly boy!
I love you.

By Blogger scribbleamus, at 1:44 PM  

Post a Comment