Livinghigh: A day spent idle
Wednesday, December 07, 2005
Livinghigh was here at 7:11 PM /



A day spent idle

Sitting at home for the day, and I did nothing. Absolutely nothing. Wondered briefly about that interview I'm supposed to go for tomorrow, but very briefly. Ordered chicken sandwich for lunch, bought s0me toilet essentials and cursed the medical chaps for not having home delivery, and surfed the net. Thought I'd sit down to write something, but blogged instead on Timecode. Some existantial angst about being a TV reporter. Welcome back to the whiney me.

So my parents are due to visit next week. Mum, dad and gran in tow. Merry Christmas. We used to celebrate Christmas at gran's place when I was younger, complete with pine tree and wreaths, and they were fabulous. Spoilt kid that I was/am, I used to hanker for presents. Mum says, she's going shopping when she hits Bombay. I should get something for them too. I earn now.

Not much. But still...

;-)

Over to Gabbles then, where there's a new story posted. My first thought when I re-read When Harry Met Sally and I? That it's one of the most honest pieces I've ever written. That's not to be confused with the supposition that it's me in the story - none of the characters are me, they're ALL me. They're ALL a mix of me and some other people I've come across. I hope you guys like it.



3 Comments:

i miss christmas the whole year. can't wait for it. dyou think santa's a pervert?

By Blogger bluegreenflysplat, at 10:54 PM  

hi!

well, i think we can see a bit of ourselves in everybody... it's like we all have the potential to be everything, and we all have a little bit of every quality... the difference is what we choose to express the most...

and yeah, maybe you should give something too. :) we usually only look at our parents to receive.

By Blogger Chelle, at 9:53 PM  

Hmm.. one of these days I need to read all these, fables-on-Gabbles :D

Sigh! ..time.

By Blogger Jedi, at 4:46 AM  

Post a Comment