Livinghigh: Lapping it up
Wednesday, January 11, 2006
Livinghigh was here at 6:16 PM /



Lapping it up

Been hunting out all day, enquiring about laptop models and prices. No, I'm not suddenly rich.. it's just that I've been dying to get my own laptop model (humans will do, too!) for a looooong time, and I decided I have the finances now to do it - on an installment basis, of course. So, suddenly, I'm spouting words like R 51 and TX2887 and V2334 AP and many other things that sound like I've been reading bar codes. Perhaps, I have...

Lamington Road, though, does not seem half as big as it did, earlier. The last time I went to the place, was with a cameraperson from the office, and we were searching for a teeny camera that we could do spycam operations with. This time around, I didn't poke around in the gallis - and stuck to the main road, peering in at Skygate and PC World and Computer Selections instead. A laptop model that Vijay Sales would sell me for Rs 54,800 is available here for as low at Rs 48,500. Ouch.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Price enquiry done, I sit back with loads of scribbled notes - models, prices, dealer names, shop names et al. Tomorrow, I must visit two separate consumer banks and find out their provisions for home loans, should I need to go in for that route. Yes, I'm a strange person, probably with OCD. Before I go in for a big purchase (and I leave the definition of *big* to myself!) I like to do loads of homework. I like to tell myself that I haven't been taken for a ride.

That was a joke, and you're supposed to laugh now. ;-)



5 Comments:

ha ha, will that do?

I really liked the new Lenovo model, priced at some 46k. The RAM was a bit low at the 256 MB range, rest of the bells and whistles were nice, Centrino, DVD drive et al.

But don't buy it from here if you can coerce someone who is coming from abroad. They are giving away some really sweet deals around 50K for almost double the Indian config there.

Take a personal loan and go that route if you can do it.

By Blogger shyam, at 7:22 PM  

Codey's right! Codey's always right!

hehehe... ;)

By Blogger Vijayeta, at 12:33 PM  

First an iPod, then a laptop! You gadget freak!

Okay, join the club ;)

By Blogger Casablanca, at 8:27 PM  

Thing about Laptops is that, they age so quickly. Unlike PCs, which even though do the same, you always have options of upgrading :)

I'd advise go for best possible features.

Best of luck! :)

jedi

By Blogger Jedi, at 8:45 AM  

yeah! laaaaaaptop! ;)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:03 PM  

Post a Comment