Livinghigh: Love, funnily
Sunday, January 08, 2006
Livinghigh was here at 3:42 PM /



Love, funnily

The funny thing about love songs is that very few of them actually make you feel good about yourself and your life. They're all about love going through the odds, and how much you miss someone, and how much that person has changed everything in your life, yadayadayada, but when push comes to shove, after listening to an entire album of mush, chances are that you'll be slumped in your chair, choking back tears of helplessness.

And then you wonder, what the hell is wrong with me? I'm a frikkin TearJerk. And there's nothing you can do about it.

That used to happen to me a long time back, when I was single, and that still happens when I know someone I can love. That used to happen ages back when my mum was single and being courted by my dad, and that still happens when she's fifty three years old and the mother of two. Somethings never change.

And there are those other funny songs that are not really meant to be funny. The songs that sing about heartache and heartbreak and walking away from a person that really shouldn't be allowed to sound as cheerful as they do. They're all about stupid cupids and bye bye loves and there you are, foot-thumping and finger-snapping when somebody's heart is presumably being broken.

But maybe that's not so bad after all. Maybe it's all in the vibe. So, all together in a catchy little ditty:

Bye bye love,
Bye bye happiness,
Hello to loneliness,
I think I'm gonna cry-y-y!



8 Comments:

Hehehe... I like this post! But sometimes you need to find humour in tragedy, non?

By Blogger Casablanca, at 8:25 PM  

hey livinghigh, been awhile since i visited your page. havent been blog-surfing much these days. btw what hap to CSF??? did it move? did rohit shut it down??

By Blogger God, at 10:48 PM  

Can I just give you a nice warm hug?

(Hey we NEVER get to like talk at these blogger meets - next time, let's make it a cozier rendezvous...what say?)

By Blogger G Shrivastava, at 11:52 PM  

Yes...some things dont change! And for every "Bye Bye Love..." type song, there's an "I will survive..." too ;)
Nothing makes me happier after a heartbreak than singing,
"Did you think i'd crumble?
Did you think I'd lay down and die?
...And you'll see me with somebody new.
I'm not that stupid little person
Still in love with you...."

OK, didnt mean to write the whole song here...but you know what i mean!
;)

By Blogger Vijayeta, at 2:58 AM  

casablanca - muchos gracias!
;-)

god - well, dude, u may have not been up here, but i've been keeping track of ure space. and uve been chatting with me as well, though not as livinghigh. CSF? yes, it's bust. There's a CSF II, but it doesn't seem to see much action! :(

geetanjali - a hug is welcome. yes, ure right - the chats at blogger meets seem very strange at times. bombay high schools and all. lol.

viji - date for karaoke night? ;-)

By Blogger livinghigh, at 11:23 AM  

oh gawd. more mush. mush is in the air, everywhere i look around... and i don't know if i'm bein stupid, and i don't know if i'm being blind, but theres something that i must believe in, and it's definitely not mush.

Who gives the gifts in your relationship? That settles it for me.

By Blogger bluegreenflysplat, at 4:32 PM  

Nice one...Dr Fahey ( it is not of any consequence introducing him) said today, while he was talking about private comments becoming public in list serves, because of some silly mistake --- " If my love letters got posted on the internet, people would mistake it for a grocery list." I guess it is all a different ball game altogether...what we feel and how we feel and when we feel such and such !!!!

By Blogger Dhoritri, at 1:30 AM  

Happy songs can never make great love songs. Other than that, it all depends on your state of mind! :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:40 AM  

Post a Comment