Livinghigh: Step by step: Mumbai 2006
Sunday, January 01, 2006
Livinghigh was here at 11:57 PM /



Step by step: Mumbai 2006

One year done. Already. Wow. Broke a heart, got my own broken in, flirted a couple of times but ended up nowhere. Wondering if there's mercy in the world and then I know there is. Isn't that great? Well, of course it is.

Screw hearts. Screw the idea in your head of not knowing what to do. It's a psychologial mark, true. But it's a mark. Something to measure you by. And I've rocked. I've rolled. In the gutter sometimes, but I've soared at times too. Pish tosh. I sound like a tired old hack. Heaven forbid.

Changed a job. When I thought that I was stuck in the old one. Whoosh! So long, farewell, I don't really hate to say goodbye. Working shitty hours now. Coming back and wondering whether I really have a life now. But somehow it's been worth it. Made some new pals in the bargain. And that's always worth it, even though it's meant that I've lost touch with some old friends I thought I was close to. Win some, lose some. Learn some, forget some.

But the idea of a year being one of the best or momentous or whatever sounds like shit. It's unreal, actually. I'm glad I lived one more year. And I hope I live many more. Amen.

And a Happy New Year.



6 Comments:

Happy New Year, Dude! And you definitely ARE beginning this year on a good note...in love and loving it... Hold on to the feeling!
*Hugsss*

By Blogger Vijayeta, at 2:14 AM  

I love your honesty here! Good luck in everything...

By Blogger Casablanca, at 2:42 PM  

Happy new year to ya too :)

By Blogger Viewer, at 12:31 AM  

Typical life innit ? :)
Yeah, one more gone.

Happy New Year to you too!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:10 AM  

i hate new years - they are depressing :-(

-sigh- another year to look back on and reminisce about... some things never change (thank god!)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:28 PM  

viji - COME BACK now to bbay! and lets PLEASE meet up for goodness sake! hehe

casablanca - thanks babe. all de very best to u and urs as well!

viewer - ditto

jEDI - typical? really? ahem, ahem.

adit - u hate new years? but then u also said 'thank god'. confused lil creature. :-)

By Blogger livinghigh, at 3:39 PM  

Post a Comment