Livinghigh: Was out
Saturday, March 18, 2006
Livinghigh was here at 5:22 PM /



Was out

This week has been expensive. How strange a thing to say, especially after my last post was a plaintive plea for getting a life. I got drunk so many times this week. First Monday, when the venue was this chhottu place by the sea in Juhu, a verandah full of beer and talk about career plans and life dreams and drunk laughter. Or it may not really be Monday. I'm bad with dates and days, anyhow.

No, o no, Monday was the little nip bar down the road from the office. Glasses of diluted wine that the waiter may have spat into, and then we ordered beer. Man-drinks. *grin* Secrets exchanged, that night.

Image hosting by Photobucket

There was a house party in the middle of all that, and a lovely terrace. Climbing up on top to see the city in a bright blue hazy wave of moonlight, and things would have been excellent had I not been so completely zonked. On beer and wine, of all things. Gripped the balcony of the terrace and kept on telling myself, I will not puke, I will not puke, I will not puke. I didn't puke. Thank god. I don't remember the last time I did, really. I would find it grossly embarassing to ever puke at a party like that, in a drunken heap. I'm much more comfortable being the guy who pats your back and puts you to bed after you puke. Don't ask me to clean the puke please, though.

Cafe Mondegar another night. More beer. Flirting some with eyes with someone at a neighbouring table. Flirting with smiles, and then I turn back to the people I'm out drinking with. I think I may be turning into a perpetual bitch. I snigger and laugh and giggle and gossip and trade unsavoury tidbits. I shouldn't like myself much when I'm like this, but I think I like myself the most when I'm like this.

Coffee after that, Rs 19.50 Coffee House Spl, and some more grin-flirting across a sea of tables. Can I handle much more of a life, realy?

The answer, surprisingly, would be yes.



3 Comments:

Well I wish i cud be in ur shoes... Enjoy

By Blogger Viewer, at 1:00 AM  

Looks like ur having a ball mate! Keep it up. :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:31 AM  

I saw you on newshour today...

By Blogger Shivangi Misra, at 11:08 PM  

Post a Comment