Livinghigh: Quitting my job today...
Tuesday, June 20, 2006
Livinghigh was here at 2:50 PM /



Quitting my job today...

Going about, tying loose ends here and there. Is it my imagination, or are the people I work(ed) with going ahead, without involving me at all...? Have not done anything at all since I arrived today. Nothing on the desk or otherwise. Boss was going to send me for a stake-out, but I opted out, saying I came in for the day only to quit. Hate to sound/seem unprofessional, but waiting under the hot sun - ok, fine, clouds right now, but in Mumbai, that's even scarier than the sun! - is not my idea of a nice way to spend my last day.

No use denying I'm going to miss this place. For all the ahem, ahem, complications... I had a blast. Got some good experience. And I can't deny it. Everyone was a bit surprised when my resignation letter was so nicely received - perhaps, none so more than I! ;-) Maybe that means they think they're better off without me! *guffaws*

Was reading my GRE and TOEFL prep stuff yesterday, and needed to leaf through a dictionary, so I took out the small one I'd picked up in Chennai. Two years back, in Chennai, a July evening, and I walked over to the corner store and picked it up: scribbled on the front cover: To myself... a New Journey... no floundering allowed! How naive I must have been to think that you stop floundering after you've taken a decision. You keep changing your mind all the time. You keep changing your life - and though it's not so frequent, it can be quite diametric. I've told myself that this is not necessarily a final goodbye to journalism, but then, I'd be lying if I said that I felt a lot of zeal in what I said.

It's just another drift.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



6 Comments:

Bessht of Luck and all! :)

By Blogger neha vish, at 5:09 AM  

Been a while, Chemical Brother.

Greener pastures.. foreign shores.. The rest of the world awaits your arrival with bated breath.
=)

By Blogger chamique, at 1:08 PM  

very bestest of luck.....i am sure one day you will find your way back
to the muck called journalism

By Blogger sarinstyle, at 6:18 PM  

aint it a relief to know that you can always flounder even after you have made a decision?
is that not how we do what is it that we want to do but would nt do otherwise?

By Blogger medusa, at 3:00 PM  

hey, this way, u get to create a new future...best of luck on ur new journey!

By Blogger Lil Mizfit, at 12:20 PM  

Yeah, its never easy but I guess it needs to be done, it needs to be done. Best of luck for the future!

Heading where? Any plans?

jedi

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:06 PM  

Post a Comment