Livinghigh: Washed In
Tuesday, July 04, 2006
Livinghigh was here at 10:39 AM /



Washed In

Rain, rain, Go away
Little Johnny wants to play

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Welcome to Bombay. The place where it rains insanely. Caught a firsthand glimpse of that last year, and it looks like this time around it's not going to be any different. So yesterday, I tramped into the new office, soaked to the skin, cursing and ranting, and telling the receptionist, "Hey, How are you? Horrid day outside, isn't it? O, and I'm going to work here from today. Who are you, again?"

;-)

Well, not quite that rude, but you get the point. Today, I bought myself a blue umbrella in the subway opposite VT. My stooopid black NIKE raincoat is in a bedraggled state and isn't protecting me anymore! Aw, shucks. So, I buy this light blue, pansy-looking one for a hundred bucks. pansy, but cute. I love the colour blue. Stooopid vendor asked me whether I was looking for a gents or a ladies' umbrella, and I curtly said ladies' to him. Ass. So what if I like blue on my umbrella, instead of drab black? I've seen guys with pink umbrellas - and I don't even own a pink shirt, which is considered the epitome of Metrosexuality!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

In the meantime, I sit in a half-deserted office, with one late Kate limping in every half-hour or so. And I'm chatting online on msn (now called, Windows Live, by the way), while blogging. It's a PR guy's life, I suppose. Am catching the ropes fast!



5 Comments:

The thought of you doing a PR job can even make the heavens weep!

Viraf

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:32 PM  

Hey...dropped in here after a loong while. To find a LOT of change. Wish you well, dude. Hope life's all good and more.
You've bid journalism goodbye is it? for good?

By Blogger d, at 7:46 PM  

viraf - o ye of lil faith!

d - well... for a LONG time - lets put it like that. ;-)

By Blogger livinghigh, at 8:11 PM  

congrats on ur new job dude ! blue is my fav color too ... and its ok to wear a sight tinge of pink too ...

By Blogger Viewer, at 9:39 PM  

wats wrong with blue ?!
Congrats on the new job. Why is Mumbai getting flooded so often now? Climate change I guess..

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:33 PM  

Post a Comment