Livinghigh: Dichotomy
Saturday, August 12, 2006
Livinghigh was here at 12:32 AM /



Dichotomy

The birthday's coming up fast next week, and someone made a silly remark about it being "one more year closer". 25 years old, and yet you only feel that way at times. At times, I feel as if I've just moved out of my parents' home in Calcutta. Then, other times, when I'm this great 'senior executive' at work, I feel like a relic. When you don't get the sexual attention you expect you would, that's also another time when you feel like a relic. But by and large, you really don't have any of that. At least, I don't.

I replied, to my friend, "Well, I've already had my quarter life crisis. And realised one important thing: that all those quarter-life, quarter-and-X-decimal-point-life crises keep on coming."

They just don't stop. Thankfully, neither do you.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

;-)

Got a lot of things planned this year, and I'm just hoping that they work out, in succession. The first seems to have worked out so far - my new job. Something which I enjoy doing, despite the occassional heartburn and all-too-real stress. Am going on a work trip to Rajasthan soon, and I'm looking forward to that. The other two are my exams - the GRE and the CAT. Down memory lane again, I said to my flatmate the other day, showing her the CAT bulletin. She understands; she's been there, done that. Whereas me, I've been there, not done that.

But I'm not going to make lists of to-do things. Somehow, I'm beyond that. I don't have the patience anymore. That could be both good and bad. Right now, I'm perched happily on the fence.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

White picket fences, naturally. ;-)



3 Comments:

ur b'day is coming up too? mine's next month and i think i'm sporouting white hair out of tension of growing old rather than actually being old...*sigh*

at least u have Rajasthan to distract u...

By Blogger Lil Mizfit, at 11:29 PM  

Happy Bday in advance since u dint mention the date ... i hope u have a blast

By Blogger Viewer, at 11:27 PM  

Hey, its your birthday tomorrow! Wish you a very Happy Birthday and a great year ahead! :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:39 PM  

Post a Comment