Livinghigh: Director's Cut
Tuesday, October 03, 2006
Livinghigh was here at 1:57 PM /



Director's Cut

It's been a movie packed weekend, starting from Wo Lamhe on saturday. Not too bad, and though the actress is a mite screechy and wayyy over the top, she's quite a stunner. Her waist is so tiny, Scarlett O'Hara of the 17'' fame would claw her eyes out, and her face looks really great without makeup. Shiney Ahuja, the hero, is (as usual) fantastic. The guy apparently never uses glycerine for his sobby scenes - and the way he cries regularly in the movie, complete with shuddering face and eyes squeezing out trains of tears, is quite... amazing. I was tempted to sneer 'pansy', but then, got a pinch from the die-hard Shiny fan I was sitting next to, when I attempted. ;-)

Mahesh Bhatt is stupid and worse, evil, if he wants the world to believe Parveen Babi was such a complete nutcase.

Sunday, I planned to check oput Lage Raho Munnabhai, over which the entire city has been going gaga. Barely a day passes by in Bombay, when the newspapers don't have at least one edit piece/ middle/ art of living article/ city beat story about how the city has embraced 'Gandhi-giri'. Fun movie, decidedly stronger on the heartstrings than its prequel was, and I had a blast. Vidya Balan is pretty like hell!

When we came out of the theatre (Eros), we saw a group of guys selling Gandhi autobiographies for Rs 30, and they were being mobbed by the people coming out from the movie - we have pictures on the cell phone to prove it! ;-)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Was hoping to catch the night show of brainless chick-flick John Tucker Must Die then, but since everyone bailed on me, I decided to go back home and watch a couple of the Flatmate's CDs. Picked the Rahul Khanna-Lisa Ray starrer Bolywood/Hollywood, which I hadn't seen before. Total time-pass: cheesy humour, weepy mother I wanted to slap, bad English accents that were meant to be that way (I think and hope), and a long drawn-out Bollywood-ishtyle ending. Rahul Khanna was so thinnnn here!

After the pav bhyaji that I'd ordered with Bollywood/ Hollywood finished, I decided that I wanted something else to nibble on, before movie no. 3 for the day. The so-called 'nibble' turned into yummy prawn biryani, and the next change in the CD Rom was one of my fave Disney's of all time, Beauty and the Beast. Cutesy stuff, and great songs. Realised later, that Belle and the Prince bear a remarkable resemblance to Jane and Tarzan in Disney's later production. It's obvious that Tarzan and the Beast are related, then.

;-) ;-) ;-)



3 Comments:

The autobiography selling like that is a good sign. I just hope its read with the same sincerity.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:50 PM  

And here I am, growing increasingly allergic to movies. Cant find the patience to sit through 2 hours of a movie :(

PS: Woh Lamhe sounds good, and I *heart* Shiney Ahuja.

By Blogger Casablanca, at 9:24 PM  

well wanted to catch woh lamhe
but thats what it always is want.
though did catch munnabhai and
frankly for all the hooo and haaa
about it i thought it was majorly
okay i mean it was cute and all but
not that great.

By Blogger sarinstyle, at 3:29 PM  

Post a Comment