Livinghigh: Resumption
Monday, November 27, 2006
Livinghigh was here at 1:02 AM /



Resumption

Strange, the things I haven't done in a long time. I haven't written a short story in ages, and I wonder why. I'm reading this great book currently, called The World According To Garp, and it's all about a writer's life. The last time I read something on this line was Mrs Dalloway (though not strictly about Virginia Woolf's own life), and that so influenced me, I ended up writing this longish short story about love and life in Delhi. Part autobiographical, but then Garp says that autobiographies are just lazy fiction, so I'm not sure whether what I wrote was excellent or just 'lazy'. When I read now what I wrote, a part of me remembers what I felt then, and how strange and thrilled and sad life was. And then I wonder, is life really any better now?

Is life really any better now? I'm supposed to be older and wiser. I'm supposed to live my life in a guard, a strange kind of guard. I tell myself that I'm not going to let anything destroy me, or circumscribe the way I feel and love, and then I go ahead and give into a desire that I desperately tried to quell. God, I sound like a soap opera queen, and I want to pull the plug on the script here. Right here.

Mrs Dalloway. And Garp. And livingHIGH. Not sure exactly how they all tie in. I need to meet publishers. I need to finish my stories and my plots. There's this character in Garp, Alice Fletcher, a person who starts great things but never finishes anything. And I thought to myself, while reading the book, am I like her? I have two novel plots in my head, so why haven't I finished them? Chapters one to three are finished, but I don't really like them and want to work them over, so why the hell don't I do it? What am I waiting for? The exams are over, the preparations are over. So write, dammit, write. There are some kind people who read your blog and tell you, you've got talent. They tell you, you should write a book. And while you feel secretly proud, you don't actually resume the book.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Stop the drama and write.



4 Comments:

yesh, write! :D

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:54 PM  

Nice template and the header image is awesome! Partying your life away! Whew! Daz like Living High... ok.. now start writing again! ;)

Psst: I got a suggestion about the header image. You have uploaded it to Photobucket. Coz of that it takes time to load. A simpler and faster solution: 1. Create a new blog post and upload an image to it. 2. Copy the URL to which the image is uploaded. 3. Dun publish the dummy post. 4. Now use this URL for your header! Just a suggestion.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:43 PM  

Uff, the drama :p

By Blogger Casablanca, at 3:41 PM  

blsck tulip - yes, ma'am! somehow - while blogging is a great release for not when i dont have the time to write something longer, is acting like a diversion when i DO have the time. ever experienced dat? strange, na...

coffee/vendor - hey dude. yea, long time. :) i'll try out ure suggestion in a bit.

casablanca - lol. did u just roll ure eyes at me, u glasshousegal? lol.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:26 AM  

Post a Comment