Livinghigh: Touring Again
Wednesday, December 20, 2006
Livinghigh was here at 9:51 PM /



Touring Again

Today, I went to lunch with the Traveller, and we talked about loads of things. While he promised he'd add me to his blogroll, he also accused me of not writing in as much as he does. And even though my first inclination was to deny that, I realised he was saying the truth. And the truth is, I've been wanting to blog, but not really sure about what. The fun stuff, the eating stuff, the movie stuff seems silly to blog about, especially since a lot has been happening in my personal life that I was worried about - and then I also didn't want to write about the personal stuff, because I didn't want to dwell too much on that. So the result was: nothing.

And the Traveller's words made me see that. And want to blog again. We met up for lunch at my all-time favourite Parsi restaurant and pigged out on Dhansak, sipped ice cold coffee at CCD, and then ambled over to Crawford Market. My first time inside there, and I was kinda wishing I had my digicam along, and was clicking pictures as enthusiastically as the Traveller was. (yes, yes, even though I teased him repeatedly about it, saying he needed sunshades and a cap to complete the Jap tourist look)... and it was fun. I had a great time playing City Guide.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Work was a scorcher, though, and I wonder why I don't shoot my clients straight out. I remember asking the Infatuator in Delhi, to send over hitmen to kill off my whole coterie of clients... and then reality sinks in, and I realise mine is a commission-driven job. No clients = no money. And that means, no shopping and walking around Crawford Market carefree.

So, it doesn't matter that the Love is gone. Here's to more carefree walks in Bombay.



3 Comments:

The "Traveller"? I kinda like it. Nice meeting up with you today btw. :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:14 AM  

Oh we like Travellers, especially the photo-taking kind :)
(partly because I try hard to be one myself, LOL)

And there you again, about Bombay!
Note to self: Must include Bombay in my next trip to India. Must must must.

By Blogger Casablanca, at 9:23 PM  

stephen - yea, well, i wasn't very imaginative, but wat de hell! and o, i linked ya too now! *grin*

casablanca - there was this song we used to sing in nursery: bom bom bom, bombay meri hai, ladies are nice, gents are full of spice... bombay meri, bombay meri, bombay meri hain!

:)

the funny part: i used to sing it in calcutta!!!

By Blogger livinghigh, at 1:38 PM  

Post a Comment