Livinghigh: Going By The Book
Sunday, January 28, 2007
Livinghigh was here at 9:42 PM /



Going By The Book

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Strand Book Fair wins hands down over other book festivals, whenever it comes to town. The good part for me is, the store is bang next to my office, so even when the sale is not on, I can just walk over and get all the best books Strand can offer at their mandatory 20% discount. When the Traveller was in town earlier, he wanted some weird book on Nirvana-or-whatever and couldn't find a copy anywhere in Bombay, predictably enough - till he hit upon the only copy for sale in the city at the Strand. :)

Anyway, so I hit the fair this evening with Vahed, and picked up four books, three for myself and one for a friend. And yes, even though the prices are REALLY marked down, I'm officially broke again (in proportion to my mingy salary), but I'm justifying the expense as a once-in-a-year thingy. :)

So now I'm the proud owner of:
And I picked up a Virginia Woolf for the friend. I completely adore her style.



3 Comments:

hey buddy! Hows u?

Nice selection of books!

By Blogger gP, at 9:26 AM  

I missed this too :((

By Blogger Viewer, at 3:01 PM  

Man, I miss the Strand book sale. :(
my last hefty purchase there was the entire set of Asterix. :D

By Blogger Progga, at 10:40 PM  

Post a Comment